Programming your Honda HomeLink Garage Door Opener
Technology is great. When it works. Usually, it’s the set-up process that gets in the way.
Today, we’ll walk you through how to set up a Honda HomeLink garage door opener.
Honda HomeLink First-Time Set-Up Guide
The first couple of instructions for fixed code and rolling code garage doors are exactly the same. However, a rolling code garage door opener requires a few extra steps, as well as a step ladder. Take a look:
- Hold your garage door remote close to your HomeLink buttons
- Press and hold the Open button on your garage door remote and the HomeLink button you want to program
- Continue to hold both buttons until HomeLink indicator light flashes
- Indicator light will either turn solid or flash rapidly
- If light is solid, press the programmed HomeLink button twice to finish programming; your garage door will open/close
This is where the two code types split off. Your fixed code garage door opener is now programmed. If the indicator light is flashing rapidly, continue to the next section.
Rolling Code Finishing Steps
This is where the step ladder comes in. If you have another person who can help, now is the time their assistance will be needed.
- While indicator light is flashing, press HomeLink button twice; the garage door will not open/close
- On the garage door motor in your garage, press the Learn/Smart button once
- Within 30 seconds, return to your Honda vehicle
- Press and release the programmed HomeLink button three times
- Programming is now complete; your garage door will open/close
Still Not Working?
If you’re followed all these steps but your HomeLink garage door opener isn’t working, give Miller Honda a call. It may be a malfunction. If so, our Honda-certified technicians can diagnose and repair the problem quickly and cheaply. Give Miller Honda a call to set up an appointment.